Wednesday, May 11, 2005

New work and quote for the day

I am painting away on a piece of cotton canvas. I spent the morning tweaking my pictures and now I'm working on California Oak which is painted, will have photos printed on cotton and canvas, and will have gel transfers. I am waiting for the first layer to dry...the problem with incorporating paint! So I thought I would give you a good quote for the day. Oh yeah, and then marks and other stuff. Of course, all finished with stitching and batting and all that stuff that make it a "quilt".

Again from Kate R. Quinlan in the book Inspiring Creativity:

Planning to create, yearning for it, dreaming of it, collecting the materials for it--these are the preparations to create. At some point , you must take the risk, listen to your intuition, get your hands dirty, make a mess, and create something.

So, what are you doing at the computer?

4 comments:

Claire said...

What a great quote. Its also interesting for me that I'm way to stressed during the planning, collecting, thinking stage but I'm in bliss during the creation stage, even more reason just get in and create!

Nicky said...

Reading your blog of course!! Ha ah I debating whether to go to bed or carry on surfing or go and eat something or...

Gerrie said...

Wow, did I ever need to hear that!

Debra said...

Wow. I didn't imagine we could stitch through gel medium unless it was on very thinly. Eager to see this done.

Love the quote. Why is so many of us get our "high" in the hunting/gathering stage instead of the actually working stage?

ah... that word "work" word again...