Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Going Again

Yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself, had a bible lesson to finish before the class, had spent the day running my father around and doing his bills, had spent the day before babysitting...truly a sandwich...I'll have tuna please!

So I called my favorite priest, Fr. Rob, to sound off at him about how pitiful I was...should be grateful, etc, etc...he said that I needed to take care of myself and that my art was my work so I needed to get back into the studio and work and let everything take care on it's own time...even gave me permission to not finish my studying for that night.

Went in to the studio and worked for a couple of hours and felt much better! Now that's my kind of priest! The only thing bothering me at this point was my neck which had a huge knot in it from tension that I just couldn't get rid of.

Went to the bible class and then went over to a friend's house to drop off some batting for her. When I arrived, her massage therapist was just about to leave after giving her a massage. I asked her if she would do a little upper back and neck work on me and within five minutes I was out of the chair and out of my clothes and on the table for a full body massage. Did that ever feel good! The knot is gone. Now, I really like the way God works in my life!!

So I have finished two things this week and have posted them both for you, along with detail shows. The hot pink one is silk and the other is a painted piece which I then stitched forever on. The silk piece has numerous pin tucks in it and has been cut and reassembled and sewn some more and then has satin stitching for good measure.

Let me know what you think...like the colors of the red/green one? How about the design...I'm not really sure if I am happy with this...

I do like the painted piece...it was lots of fun to do.

2 comments:

Karoda said...

Talk about Divine Intervention! You had it that day for sure!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the colour combination of the red/pink and green - it sings! I also like the sheen of the silk, I just wish I could see more of it, the detail of the pin tucks etc but I am greedy!