Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A Couple of New Pieces


So here we have a couple of the many pieces that just came back from the photographer.

The first is Blues in the Day. I thought of calling it Study of a Red Line but I have another piece that is getting that title and I didn't feel like having another series. This piece has two red stitched lines, one of which is stitched over heavy cording. Then there is a chartreuse line which doesn't quite show the right color in this picture. It is made from painted canvas. Now, this is really in my simple mode! This piece is about 34 x 55 or so...I haven't measured them yet.








And the I have Harvest Moon. You saw parts of it some time ago but I finally got it finished and photographed. It was interesting working in tones rather than clear colors. Quite a change but a fun exercise. This piece is about 58 x 58 or so. Haven't measured this one, either.


Tomorrow I will get the tape measure out, and start cataloging them.

Today was spent all on art. I had to finish up a piece (by that I mean put a sleeve on it) and get a slat cut to fit so that I could deliver it for a show the California Fiber Artists will be in in Half Moon Day.

So, tomorrow I work at the computer for a while, getting photos edited and sized for the web site, measuring, naming and pricing...all that kind of stuff. And enter the info for each on into my catalogue so I can try to keep track of it.

And I am still trying to get the smaller quilt finished...almost done with the heavy, heavy quilting that is on it...that is to make of for the minimal quilting on Blues in the Day! And then I have to trim and face Waiting for Spring, a large quilt about 60 x 60 that I quilted on the long arm. Never time to sleep. and then I hope to be able to start some new work...perhaps it is time for orbs, but then I keep thinking of fences running across them. Can't get those fences out of my mind!

1 comment:

Gerrie said...

I would like to see Blues in the Day in person - not sure it is showing up well on the computer, but I love Harvest Moo - nice color work.