Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Nine More

I so enjoy doing these small pieces. I start with white cotton, paint the fabric, let it dry and then begin using my silk screens which I have created using my own photographs.

I have spent time taking pictures of lots of trees, converting photos of rocks into texture, seeking textures everywhere I look and then just having more fun playing with them in photoshop to create good images for screen images. I enjoy the process of creating multicolor fabrics with a lot of texture and interest from white cotton. It is good for my soul!

And then the fun of using them is simple little collages. I have finished one that is larger but haven't gotten a picture of it yet.

In the Woods 28

In the Woods 29

In the Woods 30

In the Woods 31

In the Woods 32

In the Woods 33

In the Woods 34

In the Woods 35

In the Woods 36

7 comments:

Candied Fabrics said...

ooh these are lovely! The tree textures from your silkscreen are great. I especially love # 31 because of that little blue square in the upper left corner. And 32...just because!

Candied Fabrics said...

Whoops! upper center, not left hand corner - doh!

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

love ... Love ... LOVE them! Especially In the Woods 35 and 36. They are all wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love these! Wonderful Work!

Linda’s Textiles said...

Looks like a fun way to work & they look great. Very much enjoyed your article in QA too.

Heather Pregger said...

Liz, I have been enjoying all of your collages. Wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

Liz, I love these. Will they be offered for sale? I love 31, 34, 35, and of course 36. Can you guess? It's the trees. I love the peacefulness of those distant trees. It's great to see your work go in the naturalists direction. This suits you.