Saturday, July 22, 2006

what I have been doing besides ranting



I have been very busy working on various things. Several weeks ago I did some overdyeing, using acrylic circles and rectangles for the resist. Now I have finished the two small quilts that have come from them. They are each about 28 x 36" with the overdyed piece in the middle and then fused more stuff...whatever. They were both fun to do to just play with the fabric and to figure out what I was going to do. This makes my third piece using my overdyed, resisted fabrics. They are so much fun! Instant gratification!

Last week I spent time pulling together these first two pieces and then I pulled together a larger piece that I had painted and started doing some silk screening on but hadn't gone any further. So I finished up the design part and now I am in the middle of quilting it but wanted to show it off. This is about 36 x 55 or so.














I have another big one that is ready to sandwich and hopefully I can get it quilted new week. In addition, I am finishing the binding on the blues and greens quilt that I did on the long arm.

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

I just love that last piece. Love them all, but it speaks to me. Of course - red and circles - always works for me.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Liz, your work always seems to reflect how much fun you are having ... you're an inspiration to me!