Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Florida continued

We have had such wonderful weather here. Not too hot although today was warmer than previously.

I promised you pictures so here are a few. You can see the two tables that I do my staging on and then I move outside to another table. I have sheets of plastic which I lay down and then put a piece of soda ash soaked fabric, do my thing to it, cover it with a sheet of plastic and the do another piece of fabric.

I have been screening some of the fabrics and will take some pictures of them and show you tomorrow. I am really enjoying myself although, since I am so used to working by myself, I find I am getting more tired with all the people around. I guess I must seem unsocial.

I have gotten just about all the fabric done for my Alameda County commissions and am now playing around with different things Just enjoying myself. Tonight I will rinse out a batch of fabric and then take it to the washing machine for a good wash.

Food has been outstanding. Last night we had pork loin, fresh pineapple casserole, and a wonderful rice and black bean dish. Chef Sue has said I can have the recipes if I email her...now I just have to remember to email.

I have included some pictures of the high windows in the painting studio where I have been working. Out on the porch is it quiet and people walking on the boardwalk can see me but since I have my ear phones on I really don't notice them.

Cookies each day after lunch, wonderful breakfasts and great lunches but the best of all are the dinners.







3 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

Oh my! My favorite spot ...did you see these from '07?

http://www.lacativa.com/FOF07/

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Thanks for posting Liz.
I am having withdrawal symptoms since I am not able to be there this year after attending the first 2 years.
K

Anonymous said...

I'm looking for the first time since last year at your blog and I just have "chair de poule" to see your picture throw the sades...Patpatch from CH