Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some More New Work

I have spent the past three days at my studio. What a wonderful place to be! I am able to sit down and reach Alyson's book, think about it, write some notes, do some machine quilting, and work on my Color Blocks. I have started one that is much larger but I am not going to show it until maybe after it is done...if it really turns out then maybe I will enter it in a show.

Anyway, Color Blocks 23:


color Blocks 24:

Color Blocks 25:
Each of these is about 24 x 17"

I have really appreciated all the support from people on my blog about my anon. editor. She did make some good suggestions but it was a short conversation on my part for my blog which I sent to the Quilt Art list and the SAQA yahoo group...not an article for publication in a magazine or professional journal so I wasn't too worried about it.

Besides, I have other things to do. I am also finally getting a baby quilt made for my second grandson, Ashton, who is now 7 months old. I decided I had better before he was too grown up for it!

Tomorrow I am back down at the studio to do some more machine quilting with George, work on the new Color Block and work on Ashton's quilt.

Commercial Break!

I will be teaching at the Hudson River Valley Inn in New York starting Nov 2, 2008. We start with a wine reception on Sunday evening and then have five full days of learning about composition and color and working on individual projects. We still have some space so contact Kim either through the web above or by phoning 1-888-665-0044 to reserve your space at this beautiful, elegant historic country in New York where the food is absolutely awesome!

7 comments:

Gerrie said...

Love the playful colors in these, especially the last one.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

No.23 the first one is way stunning: love it. The other 2 as well. The colours, shapes and placement make me feel good. Thank you for sharing.
Shirley

Karen Newman Fridy said...

Love all three! The progression of lots of red to just a little makes me think of bubbling turmoil (#25) to the boiling point (#24) to finding a peaceful resolution (23)...that's probably not your intent nor the order in which they were created, but it speaks to me--maybe that's just where I'm at! Anyway, really nice work...I especially like #23.

And I'm with the others on your 'editor'...ignore and move on. Geesh! I can't imagine why someone would do that!

Anonymous said...

I also love No. 23. Love the pimentos being stuffed into the olives, and the vertical change in scale of the blocks on the left. If I only had more annual leave this year, I'd be tempted to take the Hudson Valley class...

Doreen K. said...

I love your work. I really like #21 color block, the colors are gorgeous together.

Vivien Zepf said...

I think these are fun pieces. It's interesting for me to see how you seem to cycle through color palettes, yet everything stays fresh. Wish I had the time to join you at the Hudson Valley class; perhaps when the kids are older...

Unknown said...

I couldn't possibly choose a favorite among the three- I saw the first one (#23) and went OOOH! then the other two scrolled into view and I can't help but stare in deep envy. I'm particularly loving the red and blu of the last one- I love they play together off the nuetral field, Stunning!!!!!