Monday, March 21, 2005

Getting details done

Well, I finally found my pearl cotton and got my little silk piece finished. I am really pleased with it. It is so textural. Thought I would throw in some pictures of my creative work space AKA studio. Right now it is way out of control with too many stacks of fabric. However, each time I start to sort through things to organize and put away, I get caught up in another piece of fabric or yarn or whatever and my mind starts.

My self-discipline...at least toward cleaning up my studio (and my house and doing laundry and everything else not art) is really the pits...however, as far as my art goes, once I am started there is no stopping me and I carry things through to the end. Right now I am working on My Mama quilt (in my head) and several more pieces...contemplating several competitions coming up. Also, since I have been doing a lot of smaller pieces it is time to start doing some larger things.

1 comment:

Anne Dovel said...

Hey Liz.
I like the silk piece. It reminds me of aerial views of farmland...
Love all the texture!
Anne