Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shut Down and Books to Sell

After my last post, Blogger bot decided that I was a spam blog...even tho I have read everything the blog information page sent me to, I still don't understand it. I had to respond and ask them to check my blog out to verify that indeed, I am a real person!

Two and a half days later, they have let me back on my blog.

Yesterday, Rachel, my high school assistant, helped me take down a whole bunch of books that I want to get rid of. She then typed up the list, which, double spaced, is 6 pages long.

Now I am trying to figure out the best way to do this...that is...sell them...

So I think what I will do is to ask people who are interested to contact me via email and I will send them the list to review. They can then chose what they want, and if I still have it, I will send a bill via Pay Pal. Lots of people on the quiltart list gave me various ideas but since I have a lot of books, I thought maybe this would be the best way. I just have to go through the list and then add on a sale price for the books. Then I will be able to figure out postage per person.

I had thought about putting about 15 up on the blog at a time but then wondered if someone would like to get another one several groups later and that it would cost more to mail several times...so, if you want a list, let me know.

I am in the process of doing my proposal for the Juvenile Justice Center which has to be turned in Tuesday afternoon. This is to let them know what and how much art I can do and what my pricing it. Then, in a couple of weeks I go for the oral interview with the selection board. I hope, I hope, I hope!!!

And, I am waiting to hear if I get in to Quilt National...next week they should send out the notifications.

I do have two of my Life Circles going to PIQF and one going to Chandler for Art Quilts III. Guess I should put some sleeves on them. Oh yeah, and I need to mount some more of my smaller works to go off to Scottsdale...

So what do I do? Sit in a slump playing Spider Solitare. Oh well, the past couple of days I have been really busy doing clean up in my studio so I guess I can sit a spell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I'd love to see the list of books, if it's available and you're still selling them. My email address is carolsloan@charter.net.
Thanks!
Carol

Textures Fiber Art Group said...

I also would love to see your list of books.
I will share with my group.
email: TexturesFiberArts@gmail.com

Jeannie said...

If the books are still available, I'd like to see the list. One can never have enough books!
carlvanhoff@aol.com