Saturday, January 18, 2014

And it just keeps coming

I have spent hours in the studio the past couple of days.  I am feeling so much more contented. But then, I also made a magical decision.  I can let go of past hurts and quit mourning for a childhood that I didn't have.  Gee whiz, it sure takes me a while, sometimes!

So, yesterday it was more 4 x 4's and then more today along with a 12x12" piece that I need to photograph.

I really like the simplicity and strength of these little pieces. I am doing them for myself so I am the only one I need to please. Some I like better than others and some you won't see.







Each of these has been mounted on a 4 x 4" cradled board and are 5/8 inch deep.  I have decided not to paint the sides so the remain natural.

Then today the following got done:



I find that I tend to work in a given color palette each day (probably because I put a limited amount of paint out on the palette and then use it until it is all gone) and then the elements I include tend to be similar.  I am working through a group of designs and then the next day I am free of them and can go on to some other designs.  By working on 4x4's I can do lots in a day if I stick to it all day.  Some get finished in one day while others wait until another day when I finally decide just what I want to do with them.  Absolutely no pressure and tons of fun!

3 comments:

Studio Viktorya said...

Liz, your work is incredibly inspiring. When we decide to let go of the childhood hurts, we also can move into nurturing ourselves - as a good parent does. Big hugs from a fellow art-maker. Viktorya

Cynthia St Charles said...

I really like this series!

Anonymous said...

Hello Liz,
This is Janie your quilts are beautiful. I hope all is well with you and the family.