Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Three More

I have just been amazed at the positive comments made on yesterday's post about the work shown. It is so great because this is a very new style of work for me. After teaching my first on line class called Better Art By Design and spending so much time discussing the elements and principles of design and critiquing a lot of work, I just decided I wanted to go back to basics and work in the abstract with shapes and focusing on design principles. It has been so much fun and I am very happy others are enjoying the work.

And this is Color Blocks 19 which is 26.5 x 20":




Here is Color Blocks 21 which is 25.5 x 20":



And here is Color Blocks 22 which is 26.5 x 20.5":

So now I just have to get my images ready for my website and load them up there! What fun!?

Again, many thanks to all of you for such nice comments! You all made my day today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz these are all fantastic! I especially like the color combination in the second one. Your work always makes me want to stop and gaze at it for a while.

Julie Bagamary said...

I agree. Block 21 is my fave for this post. Collage is great!
Julie

Sherryl said...

I love the direction you are taking with these new works. They balance and flow really well.

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Your new works have such energy. Love the shapes and their placements and colour combinations.
Shirley

Unknown said...

Seriously- each and every one of these pieces just sings! Imma haveta come back often to see more! Thank you so much for posting your work for everyone to enjoy!!!!!