Monday, June 23, 2008

Feeling Better

Yesterday I woke up actually feeling good! I was so excited! I fooled around with email and then was about to get ready to go down to the studio (I haven't been there in ages!) and my good friend called to see if I was going to church. Sure, tomorrow, I said...no, today she said...I said oops I am ushering and reading a prayer...I had best get myself going! So I did and I got there on time but was tired afterwards. Still not up all the way.

But, today! I got down to the studio to take pictures of my new color blocks that had been in open studios as I am determined to get them all cataloged and up on my website.

Meanwhile, I keep having fun with my little collages, which are 5 x 6" mounted on 8 x 10 mat board. Several have found their way to other homes. They cost $20 each (plus tax if you are in CA) and $5 for shipping. Just let me know if you are interested.

So, the new ones are:

Wisdom Words 10: They are not dead who live in the hearts they leave behind. Native American proverb


Wisdom words 11: to know the road ahead, ask those coming back. Chinese proverb

Wisdom Words 12: A bit of fragrance clings to the hand that gives flowers. Chinese proverb


Wisdom Words 13: The absent get further off every day. Japanese proverb

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

These are really lovely. Take good care of yourself. However, I think creating art is great medicine.

sandy said...

Hi, Liz,
Glad to hear you're feeling better. I am just back from viewing your exhibited works at Adobe Art Gallery. What beautiful pieces! I especially liked the colors and the random edges of California Dreaming.

Sandy [who bought a small piece at open studios and had to mail you a check!]