Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy News, Fun Pictures and New Work Coming

Well, I guess I will start off with the good news.

Yesterday my daughter invited me and her father (my husband) to go with them for her sonogram. I had never seen one live, only the little pictures that I could hardly tell what was what. We didn't do sonograms when I was pregnant!

We saw the baby which is due Dec 1 with his little penis sticking out for all to see. A boy! So this will be my second grandson!

But back to Tuesday. I had three good friends over to my studio for a play day. That was a lot of fun. And of course, I have a picture of the chocolate cake for dessert...needed to keep our energy up!


Carol Suto playing in my studio on Tuesday
Marion Coleman playing in my studio on Tuesday.
Marjorie DeQuincy playing in my studio on Tuesday.
And the chocolate cake to keep us fortified!




I stayed away from the studio yesterday after going out with my daughter, etc. I found that I was having some strange feelings about my friends having been there working. Or maybe, it was just that I don't do well going there in the middle of the afternoon. I like to be there in the morning and work until 4 or 5 pm.

Well, what I was feeling was a little bit that my space had been invaded. But that feeling didn't last long. When I got there today, I just did some picking up and then sat down in my comfy chair and appreciated my space. Then I started fusing some fabrics, started cutting, put on the last two cassettes of the book I have been listening to, and had a good time. All is restored in my little bit of Eden.

Before I took this off the wall, it had a lot of other pieces in it but I wanted to do some silk screening so I took off the smaller pieces and just worked with the bigger pieces. You are getting a step-by-step look.

This image is of the right side of the new piece. I have screened the palm trees and red lines.


this is the left side with more palm trees and more red lines


In this image you cannot see the blue lines and the ochre lines but they are there.


And now the white writing is showing up.


And back on the wall to take a first look at the red elements in place, still more things to happen but I needed to stop and let the image work first.

3 comments:

Karen Stiehl Osborn said...

Wow, that cake looks delicious! I think I want to come play at your studio! LOL

Gypsy Junk Knits said...

EEEEEiiiiii!
Tori's preggers again!
You must be thrilled. I'm so happy for you and your little brood over there. Hope to be seeing you and the rest of the gang soon.
Cheers,
CZ

Sonji Hunt said...

Oh, I adore Marion Coleman. I got to meet her in June and she is so very cool. It looks as if you had a beautiful time.