Friday, May 11, 2007

And still ticking



Yesterday I was down at the studio early and got a lot of work done. Ironed my recently painted fabric, added fusing, cut, and then up and down the ladder. I just have the lower left to finish in orange. I have another painted piece of orange but after drying, I don't like the color so I will go at it again today. You can see on the table there are not very many orange squares left. I will have to do two differnet pieces so it doesn't look like one piece cut up and plopped in there.

Here you can see that I actually have the right side done. After I get all of the orange, then it is time to start working on the turquoise. The more I work on this the more I like it!

Here is a close up with three different fabrics coming together in collage fashion.

In this picture you can see the metallic paint as well as some foiling. I will be doing more foiling once I get it all fused together and before I start quilting. As you can see, the squares are just tacked down and have not really been pressed completely. That will happen when it comes down off the wall.

I just love these fabrics in the upper right quadrant. The one on the bottom left looks like marble and the other two do, also...really cool.

So I took a little break from orange and cut up lutradur and have stated a book. I have painted the lutradur and have started screening on it. Lots of different texture images, many from my time in Texas. I have screens of frozen grass, weeks, a piece of cactus and who knows what else.

And here are a couple more pages drying. They will be folded over, and lots more stuff done to them before I bind them. Because you can see through the lutrdur, it is fun to do something on one side and see parts come through. This will be fun and there is no right or wrong in this...just layers and layers of stuff. And I haven't even started adding pictures and words yet! Oh, what fun I have in the studio!

This morning I am getting caught up on a couple of business matters and then will head back to the studio to paint more orange. See ya!

3 comments:

Papoosue said...

Hi there, what a wonderful blog you have. I 'm really enjoying seeing this piece come together - really fascinating. The lutradur stuff looks wonderful - it's on my list of things to experiment with!

Jeannie said...

Wow! The work on the commissioned piece is very exciting to watch. I have not experimented with Lutradur, but you have inspired me. Where do you get your energy!!!? Have a great weekend. Cheers

Anonymous said...

The energy of the creative spirit - can't stop it sometimes. Woohoo!