Both of these started with a monoprint. I used acrylic paint (Golden fluid) with a retarder that slows drying, smeared it around my large plexi plate and then did the design and added more color. Then, I had to let it sit for a couple of weeks before I decided what I wanted to do.
Next step was to do rubbings with luminescent shiva paint sticks. Because it is an oil paint, I had to wait about four days for it to dry and cure before I heat set it.
Then I hit it with black acrylic paint and one of my large sumi-e brushes.
Then I machine quilted it...highlights some of the grid work with matching metallic threads.
I collect assorted things to use for rubbings...pieces from toys, plastic canvas, chicken wire, whatever. I pick things up on the street. I have strange things in my purse that I dig out every once in a while. Who knows what lurks in the bottom or my purse!